Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hello muddah, hello faddah...


This isn’t exactly Camp Grenada, but I’m sure it’s close.
There was a point where I wondered if I’d actually get here. I was able to get a flight from D.C. direct to New Orleans then rode over with Lisa the next afternoon to Pensacola.
The whole clan rode out with me to Ft McCrady today. Stopped at Hardee’s for breakfast. Haven’t done that in a while.
Went to Ft Jackson, got directions to McGrady. Checked in in time to throw everything on a bunk, claim a locker (slim pick-ins since almost all the remaining lockers had broken doors/locks ) and say good bye to everyone so I could go over to the gym for the in brief.
After a couple of hours of paperwork and death by Powerpoint, it was time to break up into groups by Company. We then went over for another company welcome aboard brief then broke up into our platoons. We then got to meet our platoon seargents. Sgt Holmes’ silver-rimmed sunglasses are about even with my chin. He’s almost 6 feet - with the smokey bear. This will be fun I can tell already. Pictures to follow.....
First formation is at 5:15 in the morning. Have I mentioned that I may be too old for this?!?!?!?!

No comments: