Saturday, October 20, 2007

War is not always hell - sometimes there’s Cinnabon!


Remember walking by the Cinnabon in the mall or at the airport when you’re walking to your gate for the “Oh my God it’s early” flight to who knows where? You can’t tell which smell hits you first - the coffee or the honey buns. Either way, your Pavlovian reaction makes you go weak in the wallet and you scurry over for or a tall cup o’ joe and the sticky, gooey, half-pound of heaven. You can’t say you’ve never had that urge!
Our motley crew were headed to the helo pad for our “Oh my God it’s early” flight back to our respective FOBs when someone remembered that there was a Cinnabon at the PX on the way - those are RARE over here! In fact, there are only two in all of Iraq! (Check it out: Cinnabon)
Needless to say, some FOBs have better creature comforts than others, but then again I’ve only been to a total of 5 FOBs so I can’t comment on them all. This one has a Burger King, Taco Bell AND a Cinnabon!!! Granted, each ‘restaurant’ only the size of a utility shed you may find in your back yard at home, but who cares, right? I don’t need to sit inside (‘cause you can’t actually - it’s only a kitchen trailer with a cash register). Just give me my little taste of fast-food home and I’ll be happier for a few minutes.
Back to reality.....

No comments: